Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkins, Costumes, and Candy...Oh my!

Today is Halloween; however, I feel like I did most of my celebrating before the actual day. Last week I spent a decent amount of time carving and decorating pumpkins. I somehow managed to convince my boyfriend, Justin, to carve a pumpkin with me.

Our finished product...Isn't he spooky?

He said that he finally just gave in, but deep down inside, I know he was excited about it. ;) I also decorated a pumpkin at College Buddies, which is a program that I coordinate where Bethel students meet up and do activities once a month with adults who have developmental disabilities. Our October activity was pumpkin decorating. So fun!

Some of the participants with their finished products!

The three pumpkins on the left are all ones that I carved or decorated. 

On Saturday night we had a Halloween Rave here at school. Everyone dressed up and danced the night away. My sister and I went as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss. Some of my mod mates went as Disco Balls (with sparkly hair, make-up, and dresses) while another went as a nerd. My closest guy friends went as sexy old men, which meant that I got to spray their hair grey and draw wrinkles all over their faces with eyeliner. The night was a fun time for all! 

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Tonight is Trick-Or-Treat-Off-The-Street. That is where kids come into the dorms here at school dressed up in their adorable costumes, knock on our room doors, and we hand out candy. This provides a safe place for them to Trick-Or-Treat. It's always so fun! (and it gives us another opportunity to wear our costumes!)   :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment